Our objective is to ensure that all our clients, including beneficiaries of deceased/missing persons, have access to their benefits as and when due in compliance with the Pension Reform Act 2014, as well as the rules and regulations guiding the Administration of Retirement and Terminal Benefits issued by the National Pension Commission.
NOTICE OF COMMENCEMENT OF THE 2023 ONLINE VERIFICATION AND ENROLMENT EXERCISE FOR RETIREES/PROSPECTIVE RETIREES OF FEDERAL GOVERNMENT TREASURY- FUNDED MINISTRIES, DEPARTMENTS AND AGENCIES (MDAS)
The National Pension Commission (PenCom) wishes to inform the general public that the 2023 Online Verification and Enrolment Exercise for retirees/prospective retirees of Federal Government Treasury-Funded Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDAs) that are due to retire in 2024 will commence on 2nd October, 2023.
Who is eligible for the 2023 Verification and Enrolment Exercise?
The following groups are eligible for the Online Verification and Enrolment Exercise:
- Employees of Federal Government Treasury-Funded MDAs scheduled to retire in 2023
- Employees of Federal Government Treasury-funded MDAs who missed the enrolment exercises in previous years
Prerequisite for the Enrolment
Prior to enrolment, all retirees/prospective retirees are required to visit their PFAs to undergo the data recapture exercise. The data recapture exercise entails retirees/prospective retirees providing their Retirement Savings Account (RSA) Registration details, Personal Identification Number (PIN), and their National Identity Number (NIN). Retirees/Prospective retirees who had undergone the data recapture exercise should not repeat it.
Options for the Enrolment
The enrolment options are as follows:
Retirees/prospective retirees are required to visit PenCom’s website (www.pencom.gov.ng) and upload their employment details as well as scanned copies of required documents listed in the table below.
List of Required Documentation for Online Enrolment
- Letter of First Appointment/Gazette/Attestation (Police)
- Birth Certificate/Age Declaration
- Letter of Introduction from MDA
- Copy of Staff ID Card
- Record of Service
- Promotion Letter & Payslip as at 30 June, 2004 (if applicable)
- Promotion Letter & Payslip between 01 July, 2004 and December 2006 (if applicable)
- Promotion Letter & Payslip between January 2007 and December 2009 (if applicable)
- Promotion Letter & Payslip between January 2010 and December 2012 (if applicable)
- Promotion Letter & Payslip between January 2013 and December 2015 (if applicable)
- Promotion Letter & Payslip between January 2016 and December 2018 (if applicable)
- Promotion Letter & Payslip between January 2019 and December 2021 (if applicable)
- Last Promotion Letter & Pay slip (Current) (if applicable)
- Evidence of Change of Name (if applicable)
- Evidence of Transfer of Service (if applicable)
- Evidence of Acceptance of Transfer of Service (if applicable)
- Evidence of Extension of Service (If Applicable)
- Letter from the MDA Introducing the PDO (In case of Critical Health Condition)
- Copy of Staff ID Card of the PDO (In case of Critical Health Condition)
- Medical Report (if applicable)
- Letter of Acceptance of Retirement or Disengagement (for those who retired or disengaged before their enrolment date)
Subsequently, retirees/prospective retirees are required to visit their respective PFAs for physical verification and enrolment. The step-by-step procedure for the Online Enrolment is hosted on the PenCom website.
Pension Desk Officer/PFA-Assisted
Retirees/prospective retirees who are unable to complete the online registration for any reason should approach the Pension Desk Officer of their respective MDAs or visit their PFAs for assistance.
Please note that Verification and Enrolment by all concerned should be completed by 31 December, 2023.
RSA holders and the general public are assured of PenCom’s commitment to effectively regulating and supervising the pension industry, to ensure that retirement benefits are paid as and when due.